Join The Cecil Group
Urban Designer/Landscape Architect
The Cecil Group is seeking a highly-motivated, self-directed and creative urban designer/landscape architect to manage and contribute to a number of the firm’s urban design and landscape architecture projects. Educational background and/or work experience should include a mix of urban design and landscape architecture projects with a focus on how these two disciplines come together to influence the built environment. Applicants should be equally comfortable managing and directing work on both project types.
Responsibilities include developing urban design and landscape architecture concepts, communicating design concepts through the development of 3D models and other computer graphics, developing and delivering compelling presentations to clients and community groups, managing project schedules, directing staff and subconsultants, and managing client communication.
Applicants should have excellent design, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to produce high-quality work products within budget both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team on multiple time-sensitive assignments. A background in both urban design and landscape architecture is required. Applicants should possess at least 5 years of urban design and landscape architecture experience including:
- Strong design and computer graphic skills.
- Excellent conceptual design skills.
- Experience producing design and detail drawings from schematics through CD’s for landscape architecture projects.
- An advanced degree in urban design, landscape architecture or related field.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and leading meetings.
Please forward cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org