Join The Cecil Group
Urban Designer/Landscape Architect
The Cecil Group is seeking a highly-motivated, self-directed and creative urban designer/landscape architect to manage and contribute to a number of the firm’s urban design and landscape architecture projects. Educational background and/or work experience should include a mix of urban design and landscape architecture projects with a focus on how these two disciplines come together to influence the built environment. Applicants should be equally comfortable managing and directing work on both project types.
Responsibilities include developing urban design and landscape architecture concepts, communicating design concepts through the development of 3D models and other computer graphics, developing and delivering compelling presentations to clients and community groups, managing project schedules, directing staff and subconsultants, and managing client communication.
Applicants should have excellent design, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to produce high-quality work products within budget both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team on multiple time-sensitive assignments. A background in both urban design and landscape architecture is required. Applicants should possess at least 5 years of urban design and landscape architecture experience including:
- Strong design and computer graphic skills.
- Excellent conceptual design skills.
- Experience producing design and detail drawings from schematics through CD’s for landscape architecture projects.
- An advanced degree in urban design, landscape architecture or related field.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and leading meetings.
Please forward cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cecil Group is seeking an energetic and creative graphic designer to provide design support for our professional services team and design and marketing support for marketing and business development initiatives and proposal development. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, a sense of design and typography, be highly computer literate including advanced PowerPoint or other presentation software skills, posses excellent attention to detail with proofing and editing skills, have organizational and planning skills, and the ability to take direction, identify priorities and multi-task, all while demonstrating a professional demeanor, flexible attitude, and an enthusiasm for producing highly creative and thoughtful work. Duties include:
- Assist staff with presentation boards and digital graphics for public meetings, interviews etc.
- Format reports and proposals, including proofreading.
- Produce PowerPoint slides and board presentations in a highly polished manner.
- Create photo-real renderings, base maps, and infographics.
- Design proposal and report covers, tabs, charts, graphs, other computer-generated illustrations.
- Develop concepts and designs for wayfinding systems, signage and identity graphics.
- Develop graphic concepts for marketing materials, including print and digital.
- Support marketing staff in developing and executing marketing campaigns.
- Support marketing staff in proposal development.
- Monitor use and update firm-wide graphic and identity standards.
Applicants for this position should be comfortable meeting tight deadlines on a daily basis and juggling multiple projects and requests from multiple people. They should have an ability to respond to demands from a number of people and know how to prioritize. They should be knowledgeable in outside printing methods and be able to help determine the best methods for producing finished projects.
- BA degree in graphic design or similar professional experience
- Advanced skills in all Adobe Creative Suite applications (PC platform) and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in SketchUp, AutoCad and ArcView GIS not required, but a strong plus
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio examples to email@example.com
Assistant Urban Planner/Designer
The Cecil Group is looking for an entry level planning and design professional to join our team. Duties include assisting in the management and execution of a range of planning and urban design projects as well as office administration duties. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for analyzing complex data and the ability to think both analytically and spatially. Candidates must poses strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organization skills.
Responsibilities will include project research, maintenance of project records, proof reading and editing reports, meeting note transcription, and office administrative duties, including answering phones, ordering supplies, and general office organization. This position will also be responsible for schedule coordination and communication assistance for one of the firm’s principals.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org