Join The Cecil Group
Senior Urban Planner and Project Manager
The Cecil Group is seeking a highly-motivated, self-directed and creative planner to take an active role managing a number of projects. Responsibilities include maintaining overall control and responsibility for projects; organizing and directing project teams, including subconsultants; managing client relationships; developing scopes of services and managing budgets and schedules; and developing high quality, thoughtful deliverables.
Applicants should have excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to produce high-quality work products within budget both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team on multiple time-sensitive assignments. Applicants should possess strong research, writing and presentation skills, excellent conceptual design skills with land use and physical planning experience, experience in developing zoning recommendations, and curiosity to explore and try out new professional methods and tools.
- Responsible for design, presentation, documentation and production of planning projects
- Develop strategic recommendations
- Prepare technical studies to support recommendations
- Prepare technical and illustrative materials for meetings
- Conduct public outreach and community engagement programs, including interviews and on-site outreach
- Lead meetings with clients, advisory committees, stakeholders, municipal officials and the general public
- Organize and write final reports
- Mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in city planning, urban design or related field
- A minimum of 7-10 years of professional planning experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects, including writing scopes of services, developing internal project teams, managing budgets, managing schedules, and directing staff contributions to projects
The Cecil Group is a multi-disciplinary planning and design firm whose practice and philosophy is based on unlocking the potential of the projects we work on. The firm combines urban design, planning, landscape architecture, and architecture on a wide range of projects in and beyond New England.
Please forward cover letter, resume and work samples to: email@example.com
Urban Designer/Landscape Architect
The Cecil Group is seeking a highly-motivated, self-directed and creative urban designer/landscape architect to manage and contribute to a number of the firm’s urban design and landscape architecture projects. Educational background and/or work experience should include a mix of urban design and landscape architecture projects with a focus on how these two disciplines come together to influence the built environment. Applicants should be equally comfortable managing and directing work on both project types.
Responsibilities include developing urban design and landscape architecture concepts, communicating design concepts through the development of 3D models and other computer graphics, developing and delivering compelling presentations to clients and community groups, managing project schedules, directing staff and subconsultants, and managing client communication.
Applicants should have excellent design, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to produce high-quality work products within budget both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team on multiple time-sensitive assignments. A background in both urban design and landscape architecture is required. Applicants should possess at least 5 years of urban design and landscape architecture experience including:
- Strong design and computer graphic skills.
- Excellent conceptual design skills.
- Experience producing design and detail drawings from schematics through CD’s for landscape architecture projects.
- An advanced degree in urban design, landscape architecture or related field.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and leading meetings.
Please forward cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org